The 2022 list of Highly Cited Researchers has been released by Clarivate and features 10 researchers associated with the organisations at Norwich Research Park.
The list recognises 6,938 scientists across 69 countries that demonstrate significant and broad influence among their peers. The list is created by analysing the top 1% of researchers by the number of citations on publishes research papers in their field or by year over the last decade.
The United Kingdom once again places third in terms of the amount of researchers recognised with 579 or 8% of the list, behind China and the USA with 1169 and 2764 respectively. This is still a very good figure, considering the population of the UK is much smaller than the other two countries.
Roz Bird, CEO of Anglia Innovation Partnership LLP, said, “We are delighted that once again Norwich Research Park is being recognised as being amongst the most influential places for science-based research. Recognition like this provides hard evidence of the great scientific minds we have working alongside us here.
“Achieving such a high number of citations, and the recognition this brings, is important to the future of Norwich Research Park as we look to build our profile and drive forward our enterprise strategy, attracting inward investment and new businesses to our campus.”
Organisations on the Park that have scientists recognised on the list include the University of East Anglia, The John Innes Centre and The Sainsbury Laboratory. A list of the researchers has been included below and the images correspond to the same order starting top left:
- Professor Jonathan Jones – The Sainsbury Laboratory and UEA, for plant science research. https://www.tsl.ac.uk/about/people/jonathan-jones
- Professor Sophien Kamoun – The Sainsbury Laboratory, for plant science research. https://www.tsl.ac.uk/about/people/sophien-kamoun
- Professor Cyril Zipfel – The Sainbury Laboratory, for plant science research. https://www.tsl.ac.uk/about/people/cyril-zipfel
- Professor Cristobal Uauy – John Innes Centre, for plant science research. https://www.jic.ac.uk/people/cristobal-uauy/
- Dr Tom Hargreaves – University of East Anglia, for social sciences research. https://research-portal.uea.ac.uk/en/persons/tom-hargreaves
- Professor Philip Jones – University of East Anglia, for climate and environmental science research. https://research-portal.uea.ac.uk/en/persons/david-livermore
- Professor Corinne Le Quéré – University of East Anglia and Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, for climate and environmental research. https://tyndall.ac.uk/people/corinne-le-quere/
- Professor David Livermore – University of East Anglia, for medical research. https://research-portal.uea.ac.uk/en/persons/david-livermore
- Professor Robert Nicholls – University of East Anglia and Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, for climate research. https://tyndall.ac.uk/people/robert-nicholls/
- Professor Timothy Osborn – University of East Anglia, for climate research. https://research-portal.uea.ac.uk/en/persons/timothy-osborn