Competition Launch: 01/6/23
Application Deadline: 28/7/23 at 5 pm
Application Form: Apply here
The University of East Anglia Science Faculty and the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR), in partnership with Anglia Innovation Partnership (AIP) (The science park management entity of Norwich Research Park), are excited to announce the launch of the inaugural ‘Innovation Hothouse’ Competition which will showcase the best of innovation in science and technology across the Norwich Research Park.
▪ Do you have research that has the potential to break new ground, create an impact and set up a product or service? Or are you thinking of setting up a company?
▪ Are you an early stage startup already wanting to gain prominence and investment and need a mentor?
▪ Do you want to have access to angel investors, VCs, legal advisors, multi-national companies, and those who have connections to these groups of people?
If the answer is YES then please apply to the ‘Innovation Hothouse’ Competition!
The competition will take place on the 28th of November as part of AIP’s series of Norwich Research Park’s showcase events, ‘Enterprise Tuesday’, held at the John Innes Conference Centre. This event brings together a diverse community of academics, investors and companies.
This event is kindly supported by:
An agreed number of selected finalists will have the opportunity to deliver a quick fire 5-minute pitch to showcase their innovative research ideas and their products or services to fellow researchers, investors, grant funders and multinational companies from the region. After each presentation, there will be one question from the judging panel and one question from the audience.
The winner and runner-up (to be decided by a panel of esteemed judges) will receive cash prizes of £500 and £250, awarded by the Royal Society EiR and the UEA Science Faculty.
Entries can be either individuals or teams, but only a maximum number of two people can pitch on the day!
Most finalists will also receive the following benefits:
• Mentoring by the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence about their pitch before the Innovation Hothouse Day
Supported by :
• An investment ready workshop delivered by experts from the Mills and Reeve team and an opportunity to have a 15 minute individual session with an expert
• A signed copy of the Invested Investor book given by the well-known serial entrepreneur and investor, Peter Cowley
• Further mentoring on business models, marketing, funding, etc after the Innovation Showcase event by the Entrepreneur in Residence if required
• Introduction to appropriate people and companies, where possible
• A chance to network with a wide group of companies and investors
• One-year virtual tenancy from Norwich Research Park (only for the winner, runner-up and one other finalist chosen by AIP). This offer is based on the condition that these top three would have to set up their company and is also subject to HMRC checks.
A virtual tenancy at Norwich Research Park has the following benefits:
– A profile-raising address
– A community to inspire and provide new business opportunities
– High-quality facilities to provide a professional impression
– Opportunities to access pre seed funding and specialist facilities
– Inclusion on Norwich Research Park website company directory and signage in Centrum foyer
– Invitations to our campus community events
Eligibility (This is a UEA run competition that is open to Norwich Research Park-wide applicants including those within Park-based businesses. However, applications must include at least one UEA collaborator and applications from UEA Science Faculty are strongly encouraged ):
- Undergraduate and PGR students
- Research or Technical Staff
- Early career researchers
- Academic spin-out / early-stage start-ups
For any queries, please email: email@example.com (Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence)