The British Beet Research Organisation (BBRO) implements and commissions research specifically for the UK sugar beet industry. They share the results with growers and advisors at meetings, demonstration farms and events and through their regular publications.
BBRO identifies, commissions and evaluates research projects and by effective knowledge exchange ensures best practice to maximise yield return for UK sugar beet growers.
Their programme of work is designed to increase the competitiveness and profitability of the UK grower and processor in a sustainable and environmentally acceptable manner.
Based at the Norwich Research Park, BBRO interact with leading scientists and, collaborate with Universities and research institutes at a local and international level.
- Increase yield and profitability
- Provide impartial information and relevant training to support growers
- Lead in best practice for sugar beet production
- Deliver first class trials and demonstrations
- Ensure UK beet industry remains competitive in global market
- Leverage greater funds to enhance the R&D portfolio where applicable
British Beet Research Organisation
Norwich Research Park
Telephone: 01603 672 169