From the soil to our health; Norwich Research Park’s vision is to change lives and rethink society through pioneering research and innovation, reframing the future of research and delivering regional growth.
Norwich Research Park is home to a wealth of world class research. Its 3,000 scientists and clinicians work in some of the areas of greatest importance to society today, food and health. The unique mix that blends a major university teaching hospital with a leading university and internationally important Research Institutes provides an unbroken chain, each part aiding the progression of another, where our people are gaining new knowledge of soil, plants, therapeutics and diagnostics, food, nutrition, health and healthy ageing, all underpinned by world leading genomics.
Norwich Research Park will be an inspirational place to work; where the world will look, not only for answers to global challenges, but also to learn from our success at creating a true research and innovation community, where organisations and people flourish and grow, in an environment that breeds and nurtures creativity and wellbeing. Pioneering research, adventurous innovation, enterprising entrepreneurship and accelerated commercialisation will always be at the heart of our work, but we will also work with the community around us, its schools and its colleges, providing learning opportunities, jobs and local growth. Changing lives and rethinking society.
By 2030 we will:
- be globally recognised as a world leading research & innovation community
- see a rich tapestry of companies aspiring to become a part of that world leading research and innovation community
- deliver inward investment and deliver regional growth
- have established synergistic relationships with relevant organisations, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, and particularly have matured a new Norwich/Cambridge partnership where each complements the other.
- have established a best in class cross park business accelerator, whose graduates are investor ready
- have created a physical environment that inspires its people, where
- open space and high-quality architecture together define our park
- creativity is nurtured
- wellbeing and community are fostered
- have a well-established learning programme in partnership with local educational establishments to help build a bright future for the young people of our wider community
“I have long been a vocal advocate of the Norwich Research Park and its vast potential to become THE leading centre of science, technology and innovation in the East – and a significant pioneer internationally
“That’s why I am delighted to be supporting the Research Park’s new vision and I look forward to seeing its growth over the coming years, and the opportunities that it will provide to generate jobs and support education in the local area, as well as to fund and invest in increasing numbers of commercial spin-out companies.”